Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Meet Arnaud Chevalier





I recently met the most charming Frenchman. OK, so I didn't actually meet him in person but rather by email. That's the way of the world now, isn't it? But as high-tech as our introduction was, it was his art, traditional in the very best sense of the word, that really captivated me. So, let me introduce you to Arnaud Chevalier.

Arnaud is a true Renaissance man, an artist, painter, and jewelry designer whose work also includes porcelain china. I kept wondering how he finds the time and energy to do it all, and I think I have figured it out. Just look at the photos of his desk, above; there is so much inspiring stuff on it. If my desk looked like that, I might have had a Pulitzer Prize under my belt by now.








Arnaud recently designed a china collection for Emaux de Longwy titled mère des arts. Gorgeous, no?






This Louis XV clock has served as inspiration for Arnaud's mère des arts collection as well as his other work. The antique clock has been in Arnaud's family for a very long time. During World War II, his great grandfather hid the clock in a secret cellar when he found out that his family was to be removed from their home. German soldiers looted the house, but fortunately they never found the clock.




Arnaud was also responsible for these black and gold paintings. Much of his work are custom commissions. He was recently asked to paint a black and gold piece in which two lovers' initials were depicted within circles; this was to be a Valentine's gift. Now that's romantic.









The black and white paintings have made appearances on tableware as well.









Speaking of tableware, I love this bird design as seen here in sketches for porcelain and printed on stationery.








Lest you think Arnaud's work only graces walls and tables, guess again. Now you can wear Arnaud's designs on your earlobes and neck as well.


It's all rather exhilarating, isn't it? If you're interested in contacting Arnaud to discuss his custom designs, you can contact him via his website or by email at chevalier0609@yahoo.com. The mère des arts pieces can be purchased in the US at Keith Lipert in Washington D.C., at 1193 Third Street South in Naples, FL, or on the Emaux de Longwy website.

10 comments:

  1. Despite my love of some of the classic china patterns, I welcome the introduction of new ones and look forward to more designs from this great talent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exquisite - I love it all!! A true renaissance man!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat post - I wonder if he hand-painted the balloon lampshade - which I LOVE! I might have to imitate it : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply amazing, the volume and variety of things he's accomplishing. Love the black and gold design on the cup ~ simply striking! Thank you for sharing and applause for Arnaud's talent! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't his work wonderful? Traditional and unique, with just the right touch of whimsy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oui' how fabulous his work. Thanks for sharing. I have sent it to a client..so we shall see! xx peggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Be still my heart!! Thank you for *meeting* this most talented man. I just sign into his blog! He is certainly a great new source and inspiration, to us all. ~m

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pearls as worry beads. That just kills me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just went to his blog...I couldn't understand a word of it but, my goodness it was beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jennifer,

    Arnaud's work is astounding!. He is an artiste' supreme!

    I have an Artful Offering and great interview on my site.You will love it!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete