Thursday, March 31, 2011

Easter at Ladurée




One of the beauties of being an adult is that you don't have to wait for Santa nor the Easter Bunny to bring you what you want. You can simply go out and buy it yourself. In my case, that would be Cadbury Creme Eggs, something which I know a lot of you find to be downright dreadful looking and tasting. I really and truly find them delicious. Now what I can't stand, though, are Peeps. Just the thought of them makes me queasy. Oh well, each to his own.

I think that one chocolate we might all be able to agree upon are Easter candy and pastries by Ladurée. I can't vouch for the taste, but the confections look beautiful, perhaps even too beautiful to eat.




Their Easter macaroons include Chocolate & Lime, Chocolate & Cherry, and Chocolate & Passion Fruit.



Moulded Chocolate Eggs are filled with sweets and pralines.



From left to right: The Bright Nest- strawberries, rhubarb, ladyfingers, and Marra Wild Strawberry cream; Colored Eggs; The Silk Nest- Coconut dacquoise biscuit and tropical fruits.



Teddy Bear Chocolates were created to celebrate Chocolate Day.


All images courtesy of Ladurée.

4 comments:

  1. I'll be picking up a few of those cream eggs today (and hiding them from the children) I love them too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great. I especially like "Ben" and "Swank".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:54 PM

    You can't vouch for the taste? You mean, you've never had their macaroons? Go, don't hesitate, go now and find them. Okay, maybe you can't get Laduree here but Maison du Chocolat do make them and they do ship from NYC. Tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joseph. I have had their macaroons and they are delicious. But, I've never had their chocolates. I'm assuming that they must be good!

    ReplyDelete